Veteran British actress Dame Joan Collins has heaped reward on her husband for saving her from a “terrifying” fireplace at her London residence.
The previous Dynasty star was handled for smoke inhalation after fleeing the blaze at her Belgravia flat on Saturday night.
Joan took to Twitter on Sunday to thankher husband, Percy Gibson, and the London firefighters who spent an hour placing out the flames.
“And thanks additionally to the @NHSEnglandLDN #nhs #emt #Ambulance crew who took care of our smoke inhalation and comforted me,” she wrote. “And the fantastic @metpoliceuk who saved the road closed and everybody protected. #gratitudetackling… My hero Percy had already doused the flames consuming the whole wall with handheld extinguisher.”
The actress additionally posted video on Instagram displaying the closely charred stays of her residence, including the caption: “The remains of the day… see my latest #tweet Thanks @londonfirebrigade…”
A spokeswoman for the fireplace brigade has confirmed the information of the fireplace, stating: “A part of a flat on the primary ground of the seven-storey constructing was broken by the fireplace. Two individuals left the property earlier than the brigade arrived.”
A Metropolitan Police spokesman tells the BBC each Joan and her husband had been handled for smoke inhalation by the London Ambulance Service crew on the scene, however neither required hospital remedy.
The blaze isn’t being handled as suspicious.
In the meantime, Collins, 85, was not too long ago hospitalized after struggling a Pilates harm.
In a latest cowl interview for Tatler journal she revealed she woke up in agony after a session on a Pilates reformer exercise machine.
“It was worse than childbirth,” she stated, “however it was only a pulled muscle.”